Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WHEN YOU SEE THIS IT WILL CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK

Only a very few things I have seen have changed the way I think about the world around me.  I don't mean every day things, I mean things that make me change my perception of life

I have been to all these places so I speak from personnel experience and not just guessing.

#1  The Pyramids in Egypt.


Lets lump in every thing I saw there ( and I was there for 24 days)  I know this is not something every one can do, but if its possible everyone who can, should go.  It's life changing!  You cannot see these things on Television and have any concept of what they mean.  I also cannot explain it here, but go if you ever get the chance.



#2  The Battleship Massachusetts 

 
If you got to Fall River MA they have an attraction called "Battleship Cove."  Here they have lots of retired Navy ships, but the main attraction is the Battleship Mass.  The shear size of this thing is mind bending.  The thickness of the steel, the diameter of the guns are amazing.  The real thing to grasp here is how any man stood on this floating city while sailing in the "Open Ocean (see #3) while other boats this size shot at them.  I spent an entire day with my wife walking through every passage I could.  Down in the depths of this monster where men had to load gunpowder.  The scary thing is many of these ships sank.  When you go down 4-5 decks in this steel ship and imagine it sinking your tummy will turn over and hide.  I had already been to Egypt when I went here and it is the only thing that is even close.  RESPECT to the men who sailed and fought on these ships.

#3  The Open Ocean


By "Open" I do not just mean no land in sight.  I mean OPEN . . .  As in hundreds or thousands of miles to land.  A good way to do this is a cruise ship, which I have done.  Standing on the deck and looking out there is amazing.  However the ship is so big and there are so many people the impression is lessened.  I went on a snorkeling trip in the Carribiean that was very enlightening.  The boat took us over an hour out into OPEN ocean and then dumped us out of the boat in flippers and a mask.  I started out enjoying the reef and then when I got tiered I wound up a few hundred yards from the boat.  I was also with my ex wife, who was as worn out as I was.   Getting back to the boat was a little scary and then when I got in and looked around at how deep the water was and what it was like to be out in it.  It dawned on me how big it all in.  Kudos Mr. Columbus.

Other things that were less life changing, but still a must see . . .


Aztec Ruins in South America and  Mexico

Empire State Building NYC (check out Times Sq when you r there )

Chicago Field/History Museum

Queen Mary II docked in Long Beach CA

The Smithsonian Museums in Washington DC

Lincoln Monument Washington DC

Wall Drug, S. Dakota ?  Buffalo Burgers and cowboy hats

The Daytona 500, Florida

Las Vegas Nevada

Tiki bar and burger place on the far side of Cozumel in mexico.  Rent a car, drive around the outside of the island, you can eat  a burger and have a beer as if your on the last beach on earth.  and pay with a visa, how kool is that.

Over rated things you can afford to miss . . .


The Grand Canyon, Mt Rushmore.

Wrigley Field, Yankee Stadium and Fenway Park

The world biggest Ground Hog (On the way to the Grand Canyon)

Universal Studios LA

Hollywood Walk of Fame  (they give everyone a star now so it no longer matters.)

Daytona Bike Week, Florida (its not as kool as it sounds)





No comments:

Post a Comment